Below are just a few happy clients who've used this site:
How to Select Professional Dog Walkers?
If you are like most working Americans who is low on time and high on tasks, you can hire a dog walker to be your dog walking replacement while you are at work. Generally dog walkers provide your dog with food and water and also spend quality time with your dog, give him exercise and know how to tell if your dog needs veterinary attention. Just because someone calls himself a dog sitter or dog walker doesn't mean he is qualified to do the job. Following are helpful hints to keep in mind when selecting the services of dog walkers:
Before selecting a dog walker, it is essential to learn all you can about prospective dog walker's qualifications and services. Make sure to interview the eligible candidates over the phone or at your home and find out the following:
- Make sure the dog walking services you hire provide written proof that they possess commercial liability insurance and are bonded to protect against theft by a dog sitter.
- Ask what kind of training did these dog walkers received?
- Did the dog sitter record information about your dog such as his likes, dislikes, fears, habits, medical conditions, medications and routines?
- Are the dog walker you are going to hire is associated with a veterinarian in order to provide emergency services?
- Does dog walking services have required backup in case of any emergency. What will they do if their employed dog walkers become ill or experiences car trouble?
- Does the dog walker provide services like in-home grooming, dog training, dog sitting and play time?
- Do the dog walking services provide a written service contract spelling out services and fees?
- What would be the specific times your dog sitter agrees to be with your pet? Is everything is mentioned in detail?
- Also make sure whether the dog walker provides you with the phone numbers of other clients who have agreed to serve as references?
Usually when you hire a babysitter for your children, you normally look to family and friends for references. Do the same while seeking a dog walker? You can find out references from friends that have dog sitters or dog walkers, your veterinarian and dog groomer. They may have complete knowledge of individual dog walkers or dog walking services. It is essential to feel comfortable with a dog walker's references because you will need to give them a key to your home so they can pick up your pooch. As they will daily take your dog for walking, so you must trust them like you would trust a babysitter.
" I have had 3 lovely whippets to dog walk regular and 1st july to 11july2012 i looked after them in the owners home while they were on holiday, it was an absolute pleasure and the owners were very pl..."